Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sponsor a child in India

Hello friends…today I am so happy…I donated for a noble cause, for a child charity. I have been planning since long to sponsor a child charity but was not finding a relevant platform. I did meet executives who advertise and attract people for donation at happening places, but I was somehow not satisfied with their authenticity.

The Internet served my purpose. I typed ‘sponsor a child charity’ in the search page. I am surprised to find so many organizations operational online. I browsed some ten pages to know about the child charity activities and about the respective companies. Plan India appealed to me the most. This child development centre functions with the objective to promote child rights at the same time improving the quality of life of vulnerable children. It has an all-India network with presence in 11 states in India. Plan India has a track record of directly contributing the lives of over a million children and their families till date since the year 1979. The three-decade old organization is the India chapter of Plan International, a 1937-founded body functioning in 68 countries. Plan India also takes part in other developmental activities like helping flood affected people and their children, earthquake victims, and the like.

I browsed through the programs, registered myself and paid the amount online. You guys should join the drive too. Why not sponsor a child in India? If you contribute more in amount, then sponsor a child charity. I bet you will feel contented at heart.

No comments: